March is national Epilepsy Awareness Month! We encourage our community members to get involved in raising awareness about epilepsy, seizures and seizure first aid in as many ways as possible. Whether it is creating an event, joining a campaign, volunteering, or fundraising, there are many opportunities for anyone to get involved. If you, your loved one, your colleague, or your acquaintance has epilepsy, take this opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of everyone living with seizure disorders.
One in 100 people have epilepsy, but many don't tell anyone their health status due to public misconceptions about the condition. Epilepsy Awareness Month is an excellent opportunity to begin a discussion about epilepsy, educate the public and break down the stigma of seizure disorders.
Complete our participation form to become involved in Epilepsy Awareness Month.
Some ways you might participate:
- Be an 'Epilepsy Warrior' and purchase a merchandise kit.
- Register your school for a fundraising event
- Encourage and register your classroom or school to participate in an awareness event.
- Promote awareness at your workplace and register to receive a free awareness package.
- Hold a Walk-a-thon, Read-a-thon, Dance-a-thon, or a Thumbs Up for Epilepsy Initiative
- Organize a Purple Dress Down Day at your office, school, or local business. Everyone makes a donation to participate.
- Collect pledges to dye your hair purple and join the #PurpleHairRevolution. Download our pledge form.
- Participate in our Seniors Day Challenge. We are encouraging residents to organize a special Epilepsy Awareness Month event. The facility that displays the best purple spirit through both awareness activities and fundraising will receive a Purple Party organized by our staff and volunteers.
Interested in being part of the #purplenation? Many items are available for purchase. Limited sizes available, first come first serve.
Click here to learn more: http://epilepsysupport.ca/resources/merchandise
Become an 'Epilepsy Warrior' and purchase a kit to help promote Epilepsy Awareness in your community. For $40 you will receive two t-shirts, two pairs of sunglasses, two water bottles, two ribbons, two tattoos and agency materials ($50 value). Contact ESWO to find out how you can get your kit! 519-433-4073
We have a FREE package for teachers and students. The package includes bookmarks for each student and documents with epilepsy and seizure fun facts (that can be read on the announcements or in class), 2 Seizure First Aid Posters and 2 Epilepsy Awareness Month Posters. In order to participate you must contact your local Public Education Coordinator to order.
REGIONAL EPILEPSY AWARENESS EVENTS
THAMES VALLEY REGION
Epilepsy Information Day - March 3, 2018 9-4pm
New office and Epilepsy Awareness Month party- March 15, 2018 3-5pm
Purple Pansy Fundraiser - order today! Tulip pickup March 9, 2018
Interactive Cooking Class - March 13, 2018 4:30pm
Check back for more updates!
Please don't forget to send us your participation form so that we can include you on our #PurpleNation page